Saturday, December 14, 2013

*Brush Review*

Real Technique Brushes
 
Just how good are these brushes?
 
Real Techniques Brushes are made by Samantha Chapman, who is a Pro makeup artist and YouTube beauty blogger. These brushes give the ability to help anyone bring out the makeup artist in themselves. They give high definition results and flawless face finish. This set is the your base/flawless face core collection. It includes the Detailer Brush, Pointed Foundation Brush, Buffing Brush, Contour Brush and a Panoramic Case.
 

 
 
This set is $17.99 US Dollars. I purchases mine from Ulta. This is an amazing price for the amount of brushes you receive in this set. I believe the most useful and appreciated of the four is the Buffing Brush. As with all sets whether you use them all regularly will depend of your personal makeup routine.
 

 
 
 
Buffing Brush
 
This is my personal favorite in the set. This brush is medium-sized to fit perfectly in you hand. It is a circular brush that widens at the end and is slightly domed shaped. The griped end helps to hold it without it slipping. It is more like a multi-tasking brush. I use it mostly for liquid foundation application even though it is stated for full coverage powder or mineral powders, it works great. Also can be used for blending out blushes, bronzers, or setting powder. The bristles are quite dense and very soft against the skin. I have not had any shedding while using either.



 

 
Contour Brush
 
This brush is designed for highlighter or bronzer to contour the face or create sheer soft-focus finish. It is a smaller domed egg shape with fluffy bristles that are super tapered and are soft, not so dense, but not floppy at all. It fits nicely into the hollows of the cheeks for easy contouring. It light feather-like bristles allow for a beautiful sheer highlight on top of the cheekbones and down the nose. Personally I also like this brush for setting my concealer under my eyes because of its soft feathery design. 

 
 
Pointed Foundation Brush
 
This brush is a small and long bristled. It is designed for use with liquid foundation to build a custom coverage, but I never use it as this. It is rather small to me for this use. I use this brush for my concealer application. I apply my concealer directly onto my face with this brush. I do have to use another denser brush to blend it in well because this brush tends to leave small visible lines. This in my opinion is the least used brush of this set.
 
 
 
Detailer Brush
 
This brush is precisely cut for effortlessly concealing problem areas or to use with lipstick for shape and definition. It is a very tiny, flat, and firm brush with a tapered edge. Personally I like this brush for inner corner eye highlighting. It is so small and precise it fits perfectly into the corner of the eye. I have not used it for concealing since I use the pointed flat brush for that, but I believe it would be good for concealing the smaller areas like around the nose or for shaping the nose with bronzer to give the effect of a smaller more shaped nose. It could even be used for smudging out eyeliner.
 
 
 
Panoramic Case
 
The case is a dual carrier and stand in one. It is a little holder that can help you stay organized on the go or on your counter. Its little velcro strip closure folds back to stand your brushes up or velcro it together to store your brushes in the case. It is very handy and travel friendly. If you purchase more brushes from the line you can add them into this case per the extra elastic holdings.
 
 
 
 

What is the final verdict?
 
Every brush in this set is well-balanced and useful to any makeup user. The rating on Ulta is 4.7 out of 5. They are 100% cruelty-free with ultra-soft, synthetic taklon bristles that are hand-cut. The long aluminum handles are lightweight and have the name of the brush listed on them for easy use. They are soft to the skin and fit perfect in the hands for good control. I have been using them for a while now and over all I'm very pleased. They kept their shape even after washing. They are high-quality brushes for an affordable price. Do the math, this set is less than one MAC brush. This set would be perfect for any makeup lover. I'm excited to buy more and, of course when I do, I will review them as well. Yes, I would recommend them to anyone!
If you would like to see more of these brushes or tutorials with them in action be sure to check out the
 
 
 
 
Thank you for stoping in at the Beauty Pit Stop 411. Hope you visit again!
<3
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment