Wednesday, December 18, 2013

How good is oil powered permanent hair color?

Garnier Oila Hair Color
 
 
 
How good is oil powered permanent hair color?
Garnier Oila is made of 60% natural flower oils. It claims to have maximum color performance that visibly improves and restores hair with vivid long-lasting color.
It has NO AMMONIA!
 
I am naturally a blond, but I have dyed my hair for the past year or so a dark brown. I have used about every permanent box hair dye there is from the drugstore. I was needing to cover up those nasty light colored roots since I had heard so much hype about the Oila I decided to opt for it. I purchased mine from CVS for $8.99. I chose the color 4.0 Dark Brown. It being ammonia-free was a major selling point because I hate the smell of ammonia. It's always so overpowering. Many people said that it was hard to rinse out and that it didn't have enough product it the bottle. My experience with it was very different.

 
Application Process
 
It comes with black gloves, developer, colorant, unique applicator bottle, and after color conditioner. For just your roots you leave it on for 20 minutes and for whole head for 30 minutes. I started with my roots first and then applied throughout my whole head. It was very easy to use and not messy at all. The bottle can get a little slippery when wet but over all it was simple. The odor is very pleasant. I had more than enough product for my hair and my hair is past my shoulders.
It was not hard to wash out for me at all. It feels different on the head than other drugstore brand dyes that I've used before, but nothing bad. It did leave my hair healthier looking, shinier, softer, and bouncy. I really enjoyed the way it turned out. It did seem a little darker than what the color guide claimed that it would look like. Also It gave my hair the hint of a highlighted effect as well. When the light hits it good, it looks like natural highlights run through.
 

Would I purchase Oila again?
 
Maybe, I wasn't really amazed about anything. I have had other cheaper drugstore hair dyes that have gave me just about the same result. I was however impressed with the smell. Not having that ammonia smell, feeling like its down in my lungs and stuck in my nose, was a good thing. I can't say that just because it smells good that I would repurchase it again. Lets see how the color holds up. If that worked better than others then it would be the reason to repurchase again. I will update on the hold up and overall look on another post.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment