Saturday, January 4, 2014

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation + SPF 20 Review

Covergirl 3 in 1 Foundation, Is it worth the hype?
 
We have all heard about it and wonder if it holds up to its claims. The claims are that its an all-day flawless coverage with lasting power of primer, coverage of a concealer, and blendability of a foundation in one that is shine free. WOW! With these kinds of claims they definitely have my attention! This foundation retails for around $10 to $12 in drugstores. I paid $11.99 at my local CVS.

 
Packaging
This foundation comes in a glass jar with a blue pump top. Yes, I said a pump! Pumps are always a plus. I like that it isn't messy and you can control how much you pump out.  The packaging is very sturdy and not cheap looking.

 
Color, Formula, & Coverage
As for the color, it comes in 14 different shades. Ranging from lightest to darkest, the colors are: Ivory 805, Classic Ivory 810, Creamy Natural 820, Buff Beige 825, Nude Beige 832, Natural Beige 840, Medium Beige 842, Warm Beige 845, Creamy Beige 850, Soft Honey 855, Golden Tan 857, Classic Tan 860, Tawny 865, Soft Sable 875.
 
My shade that I picked up is in Nude Beige 832. It suits my skin-color very well.
This a multifunctional foundation that acts as a primer, concealer, and foundation all in one. It also contains SPF 20 which is another plus.

 The formula is creamy but liquidity. It doesn't dry fast so it allows you time to blend it effortlessly. I use the Real Techniques buffing brush to blend in mine, but you can use your fingers, beauty sponge, or brush. The finish is matte and not over drying. Though I have noticed that if I have major dry patches on my skin it does tend to cling onto them. I have dry areas around my mouth and nose at the moment since its winter. This dryness always hits me around this time. So I recommend a good moisturizer before using this foundation if you are prone to dryness.
 
This foundation does even my skin tone perfectly and feels very smooth on my skin. The finish is beautiful and I don't notice any shine. The coverage is medium to full and very long lasting! This to me is the major selling point. Even after 6 to 8 hours of wear, I still notice it looks very well. No caking, oxidizing, creasing, or flaking.
 
As for the 3 in 1 claims, We all know that it is a foundation but what about the primer and concealer form? As for it being primer-like, I can say that it goes on very smooth and is long lasting. I sometimes tend to wear a primer with this foundation anyways. As for being concealer-like, I tend to have dark circles under my eyes even though it does look good alone, I wear a concealer the majority of the time with it. It does tone down redness, blemishes, and helps cover the under eyes. I would not say 100% though.



Do I need a powder with this foundation?
I don't find that it's necessary to wear a powder. I am not very oily so I normally wear this foundation with just a little powder in the t-zone. If you are very oily, I would suggest wearing a powder and carry with you blotting sheets.

Finial Verdict
The coverage overall is wonderful! It leaves a smooth matte powder-like finish that lasts all day. I have to say I was very skeptical about this product because I've never really had a Covergirl foundation that worked for me. This is the first foundation that I used and loved from Covergirl. Is it my holy grail foundation? No, but it definitely deserves in the top 3. It is an amazing drugstore foundation!


*** Remember that every ones skin is different. This is my experience with this product. I'm not very oily, I'm more normal to dry with some oil in the t-zone. Everyone is different and may have different experiences with this same product. ***

No comments:

Post a Comment