Monday, June 23, 2014

*LUMENE CC Cream Review*

Lumene
Time Freeze Anti-Age CC Cream
 

 
I was taking a stroll through my local CVS cosmetics aisle and came across this little gem of a CC cream for 75% off; the Lumene Anti-Age CC Cream. It normally retails for $14.99 a tube, so I couldn't resist not giving it a try for the price. I normally don't go for the BB or CC creams simply because I like a fuller coverage, but this actually surprised me.
 
CC cream stands for color correcting. This particular CC cream claims to have a 6-in-1 formula. It has a SPF 20 and comes in two shades, light (for fairer skin) and medium (for fair to tanner skin). I choose the medium shade. Its 6-in-1 claims are:
  • Protects against signs of aging
  • Nourishes
  • Hydrates
  • Covers imperfections
  • Evens skin tone
  • Illuminates

 
It has no parabens, formaldehyde donors, or mineral oil. It is infused with Wild Arctic Lingonberry. This Arctic Lingonberry is an important source of vitamins, antioxidants, and essential fatty acids that are good for your skin. It provides for an improved anti-aging by protecting the elastin fibers from breaking down and boosts skin regeneration. Lumene is the first company in the world, joined with the VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, to use stem cell technology derived from Wild Artic berries into their skincare. The packaging is a squeeze tube of 30mL / 1.0 fl. oz. with a small point applicator tip for precise control.
The texture of the formula is a rather watery thin consistency, but creamy cream. It is hydrating without any greasiness or shine. It has a semi-matte finish with a lite dewy glow on the skin, fairly natural. It can be used by itself or under foundation for a flawless even coverage. Leaves skin feeling fresh, light, and can breathe. It was designed to neutralize red areas and even out the skin tone. It's light, easy, quick, comfortable, and basically effortless.
 

I found that when I applied it at first it was a bit sheer, but it can be built-up to a fuller coverage. I used my fingers to dot it on my face and buffed it in with a brush. It was very light on the skin, brightened up any dullness, and had a nice even coverage. It isn't going to cover any major skin problems or issues, so if you have any acne or scars, you will need a concealer.


Finial Verdict
 
I find this product is wonderful! It gives a good even coverage, combats any redness, evens skin tone, and spreads nicely over the skin for a natural finish. I love that it's not heavy and you can use it under your foundation without it getting cakey. The Anti-Age benefits are a major bonus point. So, if your looking for a new CC cream to try or need something more like this for your collection, I highly recommend giving this one a go!  
If you would like to learn more about Lumene and their products visit their website here.
 
Thanks for reading!
XoXo

 



 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment